Réalisation
Direct@Web

Jean-Max
 ROGER

Jean-Max ROGER

Vinification


Red Wines

Our Pinot Noir is vinified to produce wines that are not overly jammy or extracted. Oak is used sparingly.
Our red Menetou-Salon and Sancerre wines show great finesse with red berry flavours of cherry, blackcurrant, and blackberry. They express the freshness and soft tannins that are typical of Pinot Noir.

The grapes are destemmed before being transferred to tanks.
Following cold pre-fermentation maceration, yeast is added to begin the fermentation process. Fermentation lasts approximately 10 to 12 days with a gradual rise in temperature and careful pumping-over of the must to give quality extraction of colour and tannins. Malolactic fermentation takes place within the first few months following pressing of the must, once alcoholic fermentation is complete.
Ageing :

Our red Menetou-Salon is not aged in barrels in order to preserve all of its fruit and freshness. It is a delectable wine with pronounced flavours of red berries.
30% of our red Sancerre “La Grange Dîmière” cuvée is aged in barrels for approximately twelve months. The remaining 70% is aged in thermo-regulated stainless steel tanks. They produce a blend that exhibits great finesse with flavours of red berries. It therefore remains a fresh, fruity wine which develops elegance and complexity with age.

Our red Sancerre “Vieilles Vignes” cuvée is produced from grapes grown on the estate’s oldest vines. The wine is aged in barrels for a minimum of 12 months to give the wine more intense concentration, a more complex structure and more focused tannins. It is the perfect accompaniment to red meats and game. It may be cellared for 10 years or more.



Jean-Max ROGER   -   Sancerre   -   Menetou-Salon   -   Pouilly-Fumé